Sunday, January 22, 2017

Lean not unto thine own understanding

Happy Sunday! Sundays are my favorite day because I get to go to church and partake of the sacrament and reflect on my week and how I can improve. I'm grateful for the Sabbath day because I can really ponder on what Heavenly Father is teaching me. It means a lot to me because the whole week is crazy full of school and work and trying to have a social life...but Sunday I get to take a time out and focus on me and the Lord.
Today, I have been taught a very important lesson that I wanted to share. Being a recently returned missionary and being thrown right into "normal" life hasn't been the easiest thing. It's been a struggle trying to figure out where I fit in and what I'm supposed to be doing.
One of my roommates gave a talk at church today (shoutout to Klarissa), and she talked about Proverbs 3:5 which says "lean not unto thine own understanding". Everything clicked and the spirit taught me a lot. I've been trying so hard to plan everything I'm supposed to become and do, instead of trusting in what the Lord has in store for me. He has a plan for me with experiences that will teach me what to do.
I realized I CAN'T lean on my own understanding because I don't understand the big picture. None of us do. But Heavenly Father sees it all and He knows how it will all work out. And I find great comfort in that. I'm grateful for His plan and love for us as His children, that He would care about us each individually to create a plan for our happiness.
I know we can all lean on His understanding because His understanding is perfect. He knows and if we trust Him, everything will all work out.

Image may contain: text

No comments:

Post a Comment