Wednesday, February 1, 2017

You are not forgotten

This past Sunday, I was able to attend the homecoming of the visitors center directors from my mission. Elder and Sister Toronto are amazing people and have helped me so much to become the person I am. I am so grateful I was able to serve with them and learn from their example.
Previous to this, though, I had really been struggling. I have been having a hard time trying to adjust back and get in the swing of things with school and work and trying to balance everything. I felt like I was ready to quit and give up. I truly felt like I was forgotten.
It was a tradition to have all the sisters sing at the visitors center, so at the homecoming on Sunday, all the sister missionaries from the Missouri Independence mission were called up to sing a musical number. I had lost my voice due to a cold I had caught, so I stood in the back and lip sang and tried to make sure no one could see me.
In attendance at the sacrament meeting was Sister Elaine S. Dalton, previous general Relief Society president. After the meeting, she talked to all of us sisters and thanked us for our music and spirit we brought into the room. Again, I was standing on the outskirts, feeling like I wasn't important.
Then, Sister Dalton came up to me, grabbed my shoulders and said "YOU are a strong and special spirit. I knew where you were standing up there during that song because I felt you. Thank you."
I was overcome with emotion and gratitude and I couldn't keep the tears from swelling in my eyes. I knew that God had answered my many prayers. When Sister Dalton said this, in my heart, I felt the words "I know where you are because I feel you." I knew that was my loving Heavenly Father giving me the assurance that He knows me and that He hasn't forgotten me. He has never left my side and never will leave my side.
I know in each of our lives, there are times where we feel like we are hiding...where we feel like we are in the back for no one to see. But I know that no matter where we are, Heavenly Father sees us where we are now and sees our potential for who we can become. He is aware of us at each moment of every day. I am so grateful for His never failing love. We are His children and He has promised to us help and strength and I know He will give that to us. He always keeps His promises.
1 Nephi 21:16 "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."


No comments:

Post a Comment