Friday, March 10, 2017

Tender Mercies

One of the biggest things I learned on my mission was how aware God is of us and how involved He is in our lives. In 1 Nephi 1:20 it says,
But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance.

The term "tender mercy" was a major theme of my mission. Every experience I had was a tender mercy that showed me that He knows each of His children. Something I have learned since coming home though, was the truthfulness of the last phrase in this verse..."to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance". 
Heavenly Father gives us these tender mercies, these individual gifts, to remind us of How much he loves us. For me, these tender mercies draw me closer to Him in gratitude and love. And I feel Him near me. And because of that, I am able to escape the powers of the adversary as He tries to pull me down. 
Satan is seeking for us to be miserable because he is miserable. Thank goodness the Lord created a plan for us to find ultimate and eternal happiness. And He will never leave us alone. Like I've mentioned previously, I've felt alone a lot since coming home on my mission but I've seen so many tender mercies that have reminded me that I am loved and definitely not alone. 
The smallest things show me His love. Running into an old friend on campus, getting a sweet text from a family member, finding something in the scriptures that means a lot to us... The Lord shows His love in so many different ways. 
I've noticed as I look for His love, I always find it. It is always there. Tender mercies happen all the time. The Lord is constantly pouring down blessings upon us. 





No comments:

Post a Comment