Sunday, November 10, 2013

Come what may

I know trials are an important and vital part of our lives. And while we are facing these hardships, it may be rough and miserable, but everything will play out and we become stronger. Al Fox said, "Christ is on our side so it doesn't matter who is against us." I believe every word. We are given hardships because we are loved. We are required to experience these things because we have to show our Savior that we will follow Him no matter what the circumstance.
I have struggled with confidence problems for a while. I know who I am and I know what I am capable of, I just see myself differently than my friends see me. It has been hard trying to get over this, and I am not fully past this trial, but I can feel help on the other side, carrying me through this. There will never be a time I can't drop to my knees and talk to my elder brother about my struggles. I have developed a relationship with my Heavenly Father that is stronger than any relationship I have here on earth. I am so confident that I am willing to take any trial because I know I have Christ on my side and I will win no matter what.
Enduring through these trials shows how strong we are and how badly we want to return to our Heavenly Father again. "Thou therefore endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ." (2 Tim 2:3) This is my favorite scripture. Jesus Christ suffered the Atonement for us. He gave his life for every single one of us because He loves us. He suffered more pain and discouragement and humiliation than we could ever image. But he did it for us. We can not be true disciples unless we feel even a sliver of what He felt. We are given hardships to become like our Savior. And because of the Aronement that he performed, He is helping us the whole time.
Love yourself. Trust in the Lord. Cherish the good times. Be grateful for the hard times. You are on the Lord's side, so you will always win. No matter what.
"I believe in Christ so come what may."

No comments:

Post a Comment