Sunday, July 27, 2014

God is a God of miracles

Mormon 9:19 says: "And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles." 
My family has experienced an incredible miracle the past 7 months. My cousin, Eli, was born on Christmas day this past December weighing 2 pounds 7 ounces. He was supposed to be born in April. It was unknown of what was going to happen, but we all prayed for this little baby and for his parents and had faith that God's will would be apparent to us all. 
Eli suffered more in his first few weeks of life than I have had my entire life. He went through surgeries and treatments and scary things that babies, or anyone for that matter, should ever have to go through. 
Today, I was able to attend his blessing. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have ever experienced. Looking at little Eli, I knew that he is a direct gift from God to remind us all that God is still a God of miracles. Eli is living proof that there is a God who is ready to bless us and answer our prayers. While Eli was receiving his blessing, I just sobbed because I was reassured that God loves us and He has a plan for each and every one of us. 
Eli has made many people depend on their faith in Heavenly Father for comfort and for answers. Eli is a miracle and he has helped many people strengthen their relationship with the Savior. Miracles strengthen our faith. 
I know that miracles are still performed today, just like they were when Christ was on the earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment