Saturday, July 12, 2014

The House of the Lord

Last night I drove to the Draper temple (my favorite temple!!!) with three amazing people I have met here at BYU. I am so grateful for the temple. It really is a special place and I am so grateful that we have temples on earth. It is the closest thing to heaven on earth. Walking into the sacred building, I can just feel all of the stress from life vanish and all that matters is the work I am doing.
I was so overwhelmed with the Spirit. I couldn't help but cry when I walked into the baptistry and just sat and thought about my Savior, Jesus Christ. While I was sitting, I looked at the paintings around and there was one that caught my eye. It was a picture of Christ surrounded by white sheep and he was holding a black lamb.
One thing I have learned at college is that there are times where you feel alone, but you are never ever forgotten. Christ is always with you. I have felt like that little black lamb before: alone, different. That doesn't matter to Christ. He will always stand by us no matter what our circumstance. He does it because He loves us.


This time at the temple was a different experience for me because I have always been confirmed and baptized by the temple workers, but the young man that went with me performed these ordinances. I had never had that experience before. It made me even more grateful for the priesthood and even more importantly, worthy priesthood holders. I look up to young men who honor their priesthood so much and I treasure their examples in my life.
The temple is such a special place for me. I try to go once a week so I can be edified by the wonderful Spirit that is felt there. It is my one on one time with my Savior. I am so grateful for the holy house of the Lord and that I am able to attend. I can not wait until I can be sealed to the love of my life in the temple.
I am especially grateful to be here in Provo, where the temple is just down the road and I am able to walk to the temple. I wasn't ever able to do that back home. I love walking around campus and always being able to see the steeple and Angel Moroni. Elder Holland said, "I testify that angels are still sent to help us." Angel Moroni is a symbol for me to come unto Christ and remember Him at all times. Seeing him all the time keeps Christ on my mind at all times. I am eternally grateful for all my Savior has done for me and that I am able to go into Heavenly Father's home and feel His love for me.
"As long as you can see the temple, you are never lost."



No comments:

Post a Comment