Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Life is an uphill battle

I spent this past weekend in Bear Lake for a family reunion. It was so much fun and it was so great to see family and spend time with them! Family is so important and special to me and I am so grateful I got to spend time with all of them. 
So, one day while I was there, one of my cousins and I went on a run. The cabin we were staying at was on the mountains and we decided to run up the mountain. To be honest, I thought I was going to die. Running, though I love it, isn't a strength of mine, and then to be running all uphill made it even harder. I seriously thought I was going to die. When we conquered one hill, we would reach the top only to see that there was another hill we had to climb. 
This made me think about something in life. Our life is an uphill climb. We are constantly climbing mountains of different sizes in our lives. Struggles, doubts, sickness, and trials are all a part of these "mountains" in our lives. 
There are going to be times through our journey where we may feel like we might die. We might want to give up or climb back down because it is too hard. But we need to endure and keep pushing onward. The reward will always outweigh the bad. 
Each of us have different mountains in our lives. And each of us are traveling at different paces. Some may be moving slower, and others may be stuck on one huge mountain for a long time. 
Similar to my run, when we reach the top of a mountain, there is always going to be another one ahead. But, another thing I learned from my run, is once you reach the top, you can turn around and see what you just accomplished. You can feel proud of what you just did and nothing can take that away from you. 
This is the same in life. When you go through a trial or struggle and you have made it through, you can look back and see how experiencing that has blessed you. 
And then we keep going. We face our next trial and we repeat the process. And one day, we will make it to the very top and we won't have another mountain to climb, because we will have reached home with our father in Heaven. What a blessing that day will be. 
Life may get hard, the mountains may be long. You may want to give up. Don't! The sweetness we will experience will be worth the pain we have to endure here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment